Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Fairfield Public Library has a blog!

It's been a few weeks since the contractors moved out. As a library, I felt a bit empty without books on my shelves, kids in the children's library and the chiming sound of books getting checked out. Just when I was starting to wonder I was going to be left renovated and empty I heard the sound of a huge truck outside, and the happy voices from all the books coming back to see me! Sure enough 8,000 books chattering with happiness lined up on the sidewalk and one by one got back on the shelves dancing like magic!

Now, three weeks later, I am ready to celebrate my makeover, the fabulous new look I got, and am throwing a party to celebrate! You are all cordially invited to come party at the library. Mark your calendar, ipod, outlook, or just write it on your hand. Ready? Ok, it will be September 22, 2012 from 10 A.M. - 2 P.M.

Take notes!

There will be a raffle! Yes, a raffle! In order to win anything you must bring in your library card, that will be your raffle number, and good luck. The librarians, and lovely business owners of Fairfield have come up with some great prizes like: Kindles, restaurant, manicure and gym gift certificates.

Win a Kindle Keyboard at the raffle!

Fancy! Read newspapers, download free books and take your Kindle anywhere in the world.

We are also having a face painter and balloon maker that for sure will make the kids smile.


Come bring your kids, or the kid within you, to enjoy face painting
  I can't wait for the party and will be counting down the days.

No comments:

Post a Comment