Back to the bracelets. For the month of October our crafters decided to make some beautiful pink bracelets for breast cancer patients at St. Barnabas Hospital.
|A basket full of bracelets from our creative crafters|
|Isn't it lovely?|
1. Know your risk
- Talk to your family to learn about your family health history
- Ask your doctor which screening tests are right for you if you are at a higher risk
- Have a mammogram every year starting at age 40 if you are at average risk
- Have a clinical breast exam at least every 3 years starting at age 20, and every year starting at age 40
- Sign up for your screening reminder at www.komen.org/reminder
See your health care provider if you notice any breast changes.
4. Make healthy lifestyle choices
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Add exercise into your routine
- Limit alcohol intake