Turn off the TV is quickly approaching, and we are so excited to announce the March events for children, teens, and tweens!
· Paws for Reading: Children are invited to read to therapy dogs. Learning to read independently can be frustrating, but the only way to improve is to practice! Therapy dogs provide a non-judgmental (and adorable!) audience, which is probably why they have been shown to improve reading skills. March 2, 10:30 a.m. Registration is required.
· Musical Storytime: March 6 is World Read Aloud Day and, to celebrate, Mister Joey will be joining us for another musical storytime! Come listen to stories, sing songs, and dance! March 6, 6:30 p.m. Registration required.
· Crafty Kids: Join Miss Lauren for a Cat in the Hat Craft night in honor of Read Across America week! March 7, 6:30 p.m. Registration required.
· Crafty Tots: Toddlers age 3-5 are invited to make handprint animals with Miss Lauren! March 12, 3:30. Registration required.
· Sciencetelling: Sciencetelling uses science experiments to tell stories. Each story is told by a professional Scienceteller (that’s one part scientist, one part storyteller) and features plenty of interactive fun! March 14, 4:30. Registration required.
· Filmmaking Workshop: All teens (age 13-18) are invited to a workshop with guest speaker Kate Sweeney where they will learn methods for creating their own films. March 13, 6:30. Registration required.
· Green Golly and Her Golden Flute: Come enjoy the Parents’ Choice Award Gold Medal winner! This modern take on the story of Rapunzel features accomplished flutist Barbara Siesel and serves as an introduction to the complex, creative and beautiful world of classical music while inspiring children to listen actively and imagine creatively. Ages 4-12. March 20, 6:30. Registration required.
· Crafternoon: Teens (age 13-18) can come work on various crafty projects. March 21, 4:30. Registration is appreciated.
· Breakfast with Mother Goose: Children age 4-6 are invited to a special Mother Goose storytime presented by Ann Coppola. March 25, 10:15. Registration required.
· Old School Game Day: Bring the whole family to enjoy some classic board games at the library! March 28, 6:00. No registration required, just drop in!
Children get a ticket for every day that they are able to make it without watching television, which can be traded in for prizes.
Any children that make it the whole month without watching TV will be entered to win a ride to school in a limousine!
All participants are invited to a celebration in April where the winners will be announced and prizes awarded!